MAITS is always recruiting to its pool of experienced professionals who work with children and adults with disabilities; people who are willing to volunteer their time and expertise to provide training to staff working in the disability sector in low-resource settings. Some of the work involves the development of training materials and some of it involves short trips to deliver training.
Applicants who wish to volunteer overseas must have the following:
- Four years post-graduate experience*.
- Experience of training others using a variety of methods, including formal teaching as well as informal methods.
- Experience of having lived, worked or travelled in the developing world.
- Experience of working with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds.
- The availability to make a trip within the next year.
*Once a year, MAITS advertises for less experienced professionals to accompany more experienced trainers on a trip, in order to gain international experience. Watch our website for these opportunities.